Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Nashil'ev'nuruodo and the Crime Freighter

Luckily, I didn't float for too long before I was found. A small freighter captained by a Sluissi and crewed by a Zabrak rescued me. They didn't attempt take anything from me and were very polite, even though neither of them could pronounce my name. I have to let them use my core name, as it's less painful to hear.

It didn't take long for me to discover that these two weren't exactly legitimate operators. Shortly after I was picked up, they made a hasty entry into hyperspace to avoid a bounty hunter who was looking for the Zabrak. This fact had apparently been unknown to the captain, as he was rather upset with the Zabrak for it.

I also learned that the "Grand Republic" was gone and had been replaced by an Empire. This Empire was run by Humans and for Humans. It seems the non-Human races are being marginalized by this new, more militaristic society. The Jedi have also been completely outlawed and it seems this Empire may lump me in with them.

When we made our first stop; the captain didn't ask me to leave his vessel, so I just stayed on board. Small cargo haulers operating on the fringe of society might provide me with a wider perspective than traveling on my own.

I also entered my first combat on the captain's behalf. In one of his legitimate shipments, someone had hidden some sort of highly illegal substance. Rather than picking it up in the shipment, they decided to try to take the shipment and the ship. As they had opened fire upon us and were intending on killing the entire crew (which they labeled me), my only choice was to eliminate the threat.

I now own a "blaster" pistol. It seems similar to a charric except it is less damaging and has greater range. The weapons here also come with a stun setting standard. Odd.

No comments:

Post a Comment