Monday, April 12, 2010

Nashasil'ev'nuruodo and the Star Destroyer

Well, we had our battle and I am obviously still amongst the living. The Rebels did not trust us yet, so they refused to allow Jahjee be my gunner. I was assigned a Human gunner who seemed close to my age. Jahjee was assigned to the other Y-wing's Human pilot. I gave her a few pointers on what to focus on during the fight. They also provided a gunner and tech crew for the Captain's freighter. The commander did not want us stealing the Y-wing and expensive sensor buoys.

The plan was to draw the Governor's Acclamator Assault ship off by have a large number of "freighters" appear at the edge of the solar system. With it by itself, we would attack with troop ships and the fighters would handle their fighters. We planned on the fact that none of the Governor's ships would be manned by a professional, Imperial crew. This plan would have gone off without a hitch, except for the Imperial Star Destroyer that appeared mid-battle.

The Star Destroyer had come to investigate reports of the Governor's behavior and discovered what appeared to be the Governor fighting "pirates." With nothing larger than the Captain's freighter and incomplete control of the Acclamator, the Star Destroyer suddenly became our primary concern. Luckily for us, they were just as surprised by the battle as we were by their appearance. Their commander panicked.

I used this panic to our advantage. I could react before their shields we fully active. My gunner was and probably still is convinced that I am a madman. Knowing that their first action would be to release TIE fighters, I made my ship look as if it was either badly off course or having a system malfunction. Through this ruse, I was able to get under the Star Destroyer where their hanger bays were. Giving my gunner a count down, we swing in and launched everything we had as soon as the bay doors opened. The resulting explosion accomplished my goal of preventing their TIE fighters from taking on our fighters.

Just as this explosion rocked the Star Destroyer, our backup showed. The Nebulon-B was able to distract the Star Destroyer long enough for us to rendezvous with the mostly under control Acclamator and flee. The Captain's freighter and Jahjee's Y-wing both made it through.

No comments:

Post a Comment