Monday, April 5, 2010

Nashasil'ev'nuruodo and Place

It has occurred to me that I am an oddity amongst my own people and even more so amongst the people I have found myself.

Due to my sensitivity to the Force and to see what the Human Zin had to teach, my parents allowed her to teach me her ways. She was unaware that her Order had been destroyed and assumed that she was teaching me against it's rules. It was made very clear to me, that we would both get into trouble for my training. I am the only one of my people with this sort of training. So, I am not a Jedi... despite having learned from a lone member of it.

Amongst my people, I am of House Nuruodo. This means that I am of the military caste and should be serving in the CEDF right now. I obviously am not. They did not know what to do with me, when it came time for my placement. My skills, abilities and weapon of choice were not something covered by the CEDF. As a result, I was given basic military training and allowed to pursue my own goals outside of the fleet structure. I decided to explore Zin's Republic.

Since coming to what I thought was the Republic, I have learned that Zin's Order was destroyed and their structure would not punish me. It's remaining members were too busy running for their lives. The new Empire didn't care what I called myself. To them I was a Force using, lightsaber wielding person who had not become Dark. This made me Jedi and it made me an enemy of the state. I must kill witnesses to my weapon and abilities, or earn an immediate bounty on my head. This has driven me to join the Alliance to Restore the Republic.

To the Rebels, I am happy just to be a pilot. Flying is something I enjoy and excel at. They are aware of my weapon, but nobody has made an issue of it. I do not share their political convictions or the need to "fight for my freedom." My personal freedom will come easily enough, by returning to the Ascendancy. I do not fight against the Empire. I fight against it's Sith masters. Zin was very clear that the Sith were a bad thing. When the Ithorian and I spoke with the Jedi, he was also very clear that the Empire was run by Sith. As long as the Rebels will have me, I will aid their cause.

My companions have largely ignored the "Jedi" label and just call me Lev, or in Jahjee's case "Shaman Lev with the magic sword." They are happy I can help defend them and don't treat me as "other." I cannot claim that dead Order's mantel as I have no real connection to it's traditions or history. Maybe if we find this Master who is supposed to receive the holocron currently riding in my pocket, he can decide if I am Jedi. Until then I am Ensign "Shaman" Lev of the Alliance to Restore the Republic, Y-wing pilot.

No comments:

Post a Comment