Monday, April 12, 2010

Nashasil'ev'nuruodo and Blown Secrets

Once all of the small vessels were loaded into the Acclamator's hanger, we were asked by the assault team to help clear out the last pockets of resistance. Within the hanger itself there were several groups firing from cover and attempting to make off with our vehicles. The enemies' positions of high ground and cover put the Rebels in extreme danger. A firefight would result in high loss of life on both sides and damage a great deal of equipment.

I decided that the lives of the Rebels were more important than my secret. The activation of my blade put most of the battle's attention on me and immediately reduced the fire being taken by the assault team. While the Captain was picking off members of one enemy group, I confronted and acquired the surrender of another. The third, the Captain and I were able to distract long enough for the assault team's trap to go off, spacing the lot of them. The rest of the ship was cleared with minimal loss of life on the Rebel side.

The Rebel base commander, who was on the assault team, assigned everyone to crew position. We were severely understaffed for the size of vessel the Acclamator was. Our small team managed to limp through hypserspace to a small moon. It was decided to land in a small lake to prevent detection, while we waited for enough personnel to show up to take proper control of the ship.

Once we were no longer under fire and had some breathing room, I quickly discovered that I now had a following. Before the battle the Rebels had all been rather distant with me; I was now being constantly asked questions, clapped on the back and otherwise treated oddly. I've been polite and answered what questions I could, but otherwise am trying to keep my place within the command structure per my ranking.

A small group of us were sent out to erect a sensor tower. Other than a small side trip caused by local revolutionaries, it was an uneventful expedition.

No comments:

Post a Comment